A Father's Thoughts

a bundle of joy(?) in KelTan's undeserving life...

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Father's Joy, A Husband's Fear

was a traumatizing experience in the delivery suite yesterday when Esther was born. the strong front i had to put up before my wife & daughter was nothing but a termite-infested century-old tree: looks sturdy on the outside, rotten & crumbling on the inside... encouraging my wife to push the baby out was fine, tho tiring. to see my daughter safe & sound was tremendous joy, but fear gripped me to see the serious face of the doctor & the faint look of my wife when she was bleeding excessively was horrifying. thoughts of losing her flashed through my mind. how was i to bring up my daughter w/o her? how can i face my daughter w/o being reminded that my wife died giving birth to her, especially when esther looks so much like grace?

thanks be to God who hears our cry for mercy & strength. now both mother & daughter are fine & will be discharged soon...

4 Comments:

  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    aye... I should have videotaped your first time helping esther change her soiled nappy... so that next time esther can see your sense of helplessness and dunno what to do and how to do it... =P

    But it's alright, with more compulsory practice (i.e. the equivalent of 'practicum') both u and grace will be able to do it fast fast neat neat and clean clean! =D

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey brother,

    Congratulation! May good continue to bless you and empower you to bring up your little girl in His ways.

    Marcus

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    online mba courses in india
    yes... I ought to have recorded your first time helping esther change her dirty nappy... so that next time esther can see your feeling of powerlessness and dunno what to do and how to do it... =P

    Be that as it may, it's okay, with more mandatory practice (i.e. what might as well be called 'practicum') both u and effortlessness will have the capacity to do it quick perfect slick and clean spotless!

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger luckys said…

Post a Comment

<< Home